Union Calling is dedicated to strengthening unions through the innovative use of telecom and online voting technologies.
We pioneered new, union-friendly applications of voice broadcasting. We developed lightning-fast automated polling of members and the general public. We made virtual union “town hall” meetings easy for leaders to conduct. And we are the only company in North America that offers secure online voting exclusively to unions.
Contact us personally to discuss your needs. Take advantage of our years of experience serving hundreds of local, provincial and national unions across Canada. Naturally, we are a Union Shop and proud of it.
Automated Polling Evolution
Union Calling is now offering advanced automated polling services. This technology has grown to the point that it can accomplish all of the objectives of live polling at a fraction of the price.
Here are some of the features which now make this possible:
- Inbound polling (direct number and/or left on voice message)
- Multiple Choice Response questions
- Multi-digit input questions
- Voice Response (Open Ended) questions
- Hot Transfers
- Response Rotation (randomization of multiple choice responses)
- Question Rotation (randomization of Item Groups)
- Detailed Reporting
If you are considering membership or general public polling, contact us for details on these advanced features. Our prices will remain the best in the business and the accuracy and reach of your polling will be state-of-the-art.
Executive Town Hall Meeting
Union Calling is now offering the full functionality of our town hall platform to be used for all your conference call needs. This will be particularly useful for conference calls of a geographically-dispersed Executive Board or similar group. Finally, you can have a conference call without people talking over each other. There is a maximum of 50 participants and they will have the same ability to ask questions and respond to polls as they would in a Union Town Hall, at a highly competitive price. Participants can call in using a toll free number or we can call them at a client-specified time with an invitation to participate. You would receive our standard detailed report and an audio recording of the meeting.
Union Town Hall Audio Streaming Feature with PowerPoint Integration
Union Calling is now offering Audio Streaming in conjunction with a Union Town Hall. This allows members to participate using a computer, smart phone or tablet. They would have the ability to type in a question, respond to poll questions and listen to the event. You also have the ability to cast PowerPoint slides or jpeg images. Currently, this feature has a maximum of 2000 participants. The URL participants would link to can be sent out using email, social media, your website or by an announcement call.
Union Town Hall High Capacity Toll Free Line
When conducting a Union Town Hall it is always preferable to have most of the membership on the line before you begin the formal meeting. This is difficult to achieve in a timely way with larger events as the Canadian telecom system in many areas of the country just can’t handle the speeds at which we want to dial. Union Calling’s new high capacity line, however, can handle 20,000 inbound callers for any event, which allows you to bypass dialing altogether. This means you can begin your event at a precise time with the confidence that all who wish to participate can call in and connect at essentially the same time.
Short Message Service (SMS)
To reach members’ smart phones with text messages, Union Calling now offers an SMS service. Recipients need to opt-in to allow you to contact them by SMS.
- Canadian Actors' Equity Association executive David Adams calls all CAEA members in Greater Vancouver to a financial information meeting: 'The Tax Man Cometh.' The largest-ever turnout of Equity members in British Columbia hear an expert panel answer RRSP, income tax and financial planning questions.
- CUPE Ontario President Sid Ryan used Union Calling to mobilize a Day of Protest involving thousands of members - and then call it off at the last minute when the government changed its position.
- ACTRA Toronto members by President Heather Allin sparked a large turnout to the 2009 Toronto Labour Day Parade. With the theme: "More Canada on Canadian TV" ACTRA's lively contingent marched the 4.5-kilometre route from University Avenue to the Canadian National Exhibition along with thousands of other union members from dozens of other unions in one of the largest parades in Toronto Labour history. "Bring your family and friends and let's have a blast!" Allin told her members, and they did.
"One step ahead of management"We used Union Calling to alert our members on Sunday of Brampton Transit's plan to adopt new policies that would violate our collective agreement. I told our members, in no uncertain terms, that we would grieve these violations. On Monday, when management said that the union approved these new policies, our members knew it was a lie, and responded accordingly (in no uncertain terms!). Union Calling kept us one step ahead of management. It's a great service that helps us level the playing field.Stan Dera, PresidentATU Local 1573
- ETFO Hastings-Prince Edward in Eastern Ontario calls members with endorsements for two local candidates in the Ontario General Election. "These candidates are strong advocates for a partnership in public education that includes teachers, students, and the broader community."
MGEU - Healthcare Benefits ImprovementThe Manitoba Government & General Employees' Union calls over 5,000 members to advise them of improvements to the Healthcare Employees' Benefits Plan and alert them to the information package being mailed. Members are urged to complete and return the benefits forms and given information on where to call if they have any questions.